This week, we’re changing things up a bit! The topic for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is: top ten favourite movies/TV shows. I’m going to have to go the route of movies, but I’m going to make it a little more specific. Here’s a list of my top 10 favourite animated movies. I’m a huge fan of animated movies as you’ll discover. Enjoy!
10. Disney’s Robin Hood – Is it strange that I had a bit of a crush on a character that’s a personified fox? Robin Hood (the fox) was a bad ass. He was so cool. No other version of Robin Hood compares to this movie.
9. Disney’s Alice in Wonderland – I love the wackiness of this story. Lewis Carroll’s novel turned into a trippy and somewhat scary children’s movie. It’s so insane and colourful.
8. Frozen – Yes, I’m a Frozen lover. What really drew me to this movie was that it reminded me so much of all of the Disney movies I watched growing up. It really appealed to that nostalgic side of me.
7. Ratatouille – This movie is one that my best friend and I share. It’s made it on to this list because there’s so many awesome memories associated with it.
6. Spirited Away – Hayao ❤ Best director ever. Spirited Away is definitely one of my favourites of his. Definitely a movies I can watch over an over again!
5. How to Train Your Dragon – Toothless’ smile. That’s all I have to say.
4. Wall-E – Definitely a movie that consistently makes me cry. What’s not to love? Wall-E is a sweet little machine with the purest of intentions, trying to find meaning in his repetitive existence in an empty world.
3. Up – Pixar you’ve done it again. You’ve made another movie that makes me cry every single time I watch it. Not only is it visually stunning, but the story is compelling and the characters are endearing. “I hid under your stairs because I love you!”
2. Despicable Me – This movie just makes me smile. I’m a sucker for the minions and the storyline itself if quite sweet. It always gives me a good chuckle.
1. Howl’s Moving Castle – Hayao Miyazaki is a genius. He’s an artist and creates unbelievably beautiful movies. Howl moves me every time I watch it. It’s an incredible story of a love that transcends appearance and materialism. It’s a love of the purest form. A real work of art.
8 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
I adore all of these movies but Alice in Wonderland will always have a special place in my heart
Alice is quite wonderful! ❤
Yay for Robin Hood! My little brother Bryan and I love that one. I also love Alice in Wonderland. But Frozen wasn’t number one? 😉
I’m afraid I haven’t seen a lot of the films on this list. But I always love your “Top Ten Tuesdays” – they make me want to do my own! I think my top animated movies would all be Disney, except for “Anastasia.” Love that one.
Yay! Disney is pretty great but there are so many other awesome animated movies these days. You’ve got to try some on this list! What would some of your non-Disney favourites be?
Everything I’ve seen that Miyazaki does is amazing–Howl is a favorite of mine, but Spirited Away is great, too. I like the river especially.
Have you seen Nausicaa Valley of the Wind? I debated whether or not to put it on the list. It didn’t make it, but it’s definitely another excellent Miyazaki film. He’s the best!
That’s one of the ones I haven’t gotten to, yet. Someday…
I didn’t expect Up to ruin me as much as it did! The minions definitely make Despicable Me what it is. I’m not even sure there would be a DM2 if there were no minions to begin with.
joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts